SaaS platform development for startups is plagued with re-work, inevitably delaying your roadmap, increasing cost of headcount, leaving security risks, and risking instability & scale issues in your platform.
ScalePoynt DevOps for Startups provides a better way to build your infrastructure right, and get your platform in market fast:
- Rapid rollout of your infrastructure & environments
- Security-first design that is SOC-2 and HIPAA-ready
- Built from the ground-up for scale and high availability
- Fully managed design, rollout and support
For Early Stage customers, we frequently find common themes driving their AWS DevOps:
- Need to get a new platform to market quickly
- Enterprise customers are giving us detailed Security Audits, and we need our AWS cloud platform to meet those requirements
- When sales do hit, we need the platform to scale for our customers
ScalePoynt helps by taking DevOps and Security fully off our customers’ hands, with a rapid, turn-key rollout. We allow our customers to focus on product and engineering development, while we rollout the AWS infrastructure, environments, and CI/CD in parallel.
We find that SaaS cloud environments are best suited to the same, industry best practices design — with a small amount of tailoring to each customer. While these designs are non-trivial, our ScalePoynt IP has templated them so we roll them out using Terraform automation, and offer enterprise-level designs to startup companies, and meet the security needs and forward-looking scale for their customers and users.
It’s critical you follow industry-leading best practices for your environments, infrastructure, caching, and databases — right from the start. Doing this will ensure you are setup for scale, availability, and can meet & exceed expectations in customer security audits.
- Separate AWS accounts for each environment (DEV, QA, PROD).
- AWS Organizations and SSO used for secure, centralized login and role-based access control.
- Centralized billing roll-up to your Master AWS account.
- Multiple availability zones (AZs) per environment.
- All microservices hosted in ECS for auto-scaling and high availability, fronted by AWS ALB load balancers.
- Service tier and Data tier in private subnets, encrypted in transit and at rest.
- Fast page loading with CloudFront CDN caching your assets and pages hosted in AWS S3.
- Infrastructure fully automated with Terraform, ensuring consistency across environments, and an automated ability to spin up regions in new countries if required by your customers.
- Databases fully managed by AWS RDS (most popular is Aurora Postgres).
- Databases encrypted at rest, with daily encrypted snapshots and weekly encrypted full backups.
- Database logging enabled to CloudWatch for troubleshooting, and monitoring enabled for visibility.
- Setup on single “t” instances in lower environments to save on cost, and properly sized production instances with high availability.
- Automated patching and updates at night, managed automatically by failover across the HA instances.
ScalePoynt’s AWS DevOps Playbook helps you:
- Get to market fast
- Leverage industry-leading expertise to ensure you get it right the first time and avoid future re-work
- Setup stable, scalable platform infrastructure for your customers
- Speed up your sales cycles with AWS platform security that will pass customer security audits on the first pass